Education and/or Experience
2 years of experience and high school diploma or GED
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must have mechanical aptitude .
- Basic electrical and hydraulic experience a bonus.
- Must be able to fabricate, cut and weld using welders, plasma cutters, and torches.
- Must be capable to run manual lathes and mills.
- Must be able to operate a lift truck, scissor lift and man lift if required.
- Able to understand and interrupt lube diagrams and charts. Know difference between oil types and their function. Able to identify proper grease usage.
- Read technical manuals to understand equipment and controls
- Disassemble machinery and equipment when there is a problem
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components
- Perform tests and run initial batches to make sure that the machine is running smoothly
- Adjust and calibrate equipment and machinery to optimal specifications
- Install or repair machinery and equipment
- Adjust and align machine parts
- Replace defective parts of machinery as needed
- Take apart existing machinery to clear floor space for new machinery
- Move machinery and equipment